We have taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data from loss or unauthorized access. The group of persons who have access to your personal data is limited. Only persons who are associated with Nouvag and who need to process your personal data in accordance with the purposes set out below have access to your personal data.
The following describes how we process your personal data:
Categories and processing of personal data:
The personal data we process in connection with the Website and general business relationships includes not only information actively collected by us as you interact directly with us through the website or other channels, but also information that you voluntarily provide us with. Consequently, it is not possible to provide an exhaustive list of all personal data that we may process. In general, however, the following personal data is collected:
- Personal contact information such as phone numbers, email addresses, etc.
- Name, address, department, contact details and other information about the company you represent and your function within that company.
- Username and password
- VAT - ID - No.
- User profile details
- Classification as private or commercial user
- Preferences (e.g., language setting)
- IP address, operating system, browser type, browser version, browser configuration, name of the internet provider, device type
- URL and IP address of the website from which you access our website incl. date and time
- Service requests for orders
- Purchase history
- Search terms
- History on the website
- Personal data collected through cookies and similar technologies
- Consents and approvals granted
- Survey responses, ratings, and feedbacks
- Contents of all communications, including messages via social networks
- All other information, which is actively entered on the website
We collect statistical and other analytical data collected on an aggregate basis from all visitors to our website. This non-personal data includes information that cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information about users' IP addresses when shortened or anonymized and other anonymous statistical data about the use of our website.
Purpose of processing and legal basis:
Any processing of your personal data is based on the business relationship. This business relationship also forms the legal ground for the processing of your personal data.
Essentially, but not exhaustively, the purposes are as follows:
- Entering and terminating a contractual relationship with you or your company
- Exercising our rights and fulfilling our contractual obligations, such as licensing, providing services, invoicing, responding to service requests, quoting, contracting, delivering supplies, providing white papers, videos, webinars, and other content, and asserting or defending claims
- Improvement, preservation, and protection of our products
- Fraud prevention
- Ensuring compliance with legal obligations
Marketing and customer surveys:
We may process your personal data for the purpose of marketing and customer surveys. Essentially, this includes:
- Delivery of information via any known communication channel about products, services, events, and publications
- Customer satisfaction surveys
- To obtain customer testimonials, comments, and ratings
We typically use "cookies" and similar technologies on our websites to identify your browser or device.
A cookie is a file that is sent to your computer or automatically stored on your computer or mobile device by the web browser you use when you visit our website. This allows us to recognize you when you return to this website, even if we do not know who you are. In addition to cookies that are only used during a session and deleted after your website visit ("session cookies"), cookies can also be used to store user settings and other information for a certain period (e.g., two years) ("permanent cookies"). However, you can set your browser to reject cookies, store them for one session only, or otherwise delete them early. Most browsers are preset to accept cookies. We use persistent cookies so that we can better understand how you use our offerings and content.
Processing of personal data in the context of visits to social media platforms of Nouvag:
You can interact with us on various social media platforms. The respective provider of the social media platform is solely responsible for the processing of your personal data. To learn more about the processing of your personal data by the providers of the social media platforms, please read their respective privacy statements.
Recipients of personal data:
Generally, your personal data will remain within Nouvag. There are the following possibilities for disclosure:
- Nouvag companies and third parties based on need within the framework of the business relationship between you / your company and Nouvag
- Processors acting on behalf of Nouvag
- Law enforcement and regulatory agencies, attorneys and consultants in connection with fulfilling our legal obligations or asserting or defending rights and claims
- Content published by you may be accessible to registered users worldwide
Personal data is stored in Switzerland or within the European Economic Area (EEA). Should a transfer to a country outside the EA take place, this will only take place to recipients in a country with an adequate level of data protection according to the specifications of the European Commission, or to recipients who have concluded an agreement with Nouvag that regulates data security. In addition, a risk assessment and, if necessary, further measures are taken to ensure data security.
Same applies to the transfer of data from the United Kingdom. Here, the requirements for an adequate level of data protection apply in accordance with the adequacy provisions of the United Kingdom.
We process and store your personal data for the period necessary to fulfill our contractual and legal obligations or otherwise the purposes pursued with the processing. In this context, it is possible that personal data will be retained for the time during which claims can be asserted against our company and to the extent that we are otherwise required to do so by law or legitimate business interests so require (e.g., for evidence and documentation purposes). As soon as your personal data is no longer required for the above-mentioned purposes, it will be deleted or anonymized as a matter of principle and to the extent possible.
We take appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your personal data from unauthorized access and misuse, such as issuing instructions, training, IT, and network security solutions, pseudonymization or controls.
You have the right to information, correction, deletion, the right to restrict data processing and otherwise the right to object to our data processing within the framework of the data protection law applicable to you and insofar as provided therein (such as in the case of the GDPR). Please note, however, that we reserve the right to assert the restrictions provided for by law, for example if we are obliged to retain or process certain data, have an overriding interest in doing so (insofar as we are entitled to rely on this) or require it for the assertion of claims.
You have the possibility to revoke previously given consents at any time.
The exercise of such rights usually requires that you clearly prove your identity. To exercise your rights, you can contact us at the address below.
In addition, every data subject has the right to enforce his or her claims in court or to lodge a complaint with the competent data protection authority. The competent data protection authority in Switzerland is the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (http://www.edoeb.admin.ch).
Objections and complaints:
In case of objections or complaints of any kind regarding our processing of your personal data, you are entitled to lodge a complaint with the competent data protection supervisory authority, if required by applicable law.
Information about the data controller
St. Gallerstrasse 25
Although you can exercise your rights against any Nouvag company, Nouvag AG has been given the responsibility to inform you about the joint processing of your personal data and to be the central point of contact for your requests.
For California residents:
Under the California Consumer Protection Act (CCA), personal information includes any information that identifies, relates to, describes, can be linked to, or could be linked directly or indirectly to a household. We do not sell your personal information to third parties.